Convert a dashboard to HTML
Resources for editing HTML dashboards
Convert a simple XML dashboard to HTML
By default, Splunk software creates dashboards that are based on simple XML code. You can convert or export a dashboard so it is based on HTML derived from the SplunkJS Stack component of the Splunk Web Framework.
You cannot use Splunk software visual editors to edit the generated HTML source code. Instead, you can use the Splunk software's Source Editor or another third party editor.
- Note: Integrated PDF generation is not available for HTML dashboards.
To convert the source code for a dashboard to HTML:
1. From a dashboard implemented in simple XML, select Edit > Convert to HTML. Complete the following details.
- Select Create New or Replace Current.
If you replace the current dashboard, the underlying simple XML is no longer available. You can create a new dashboard to preserve the original simple XML code.
- Title and ID: When converting a dashboard to HTML, the dashboard ID is used as the name of the new HTML file. It is displayed in navigation menus. You can rename the file to adjust its appearance.
- Description: Add a dashboard description.
- Permissions: After converting the dashboard, you can continue to edit dashboard permissions.
2. Select Convert Dashboard.
Edit an HTML dashboard
See Source files for dashboards and forms for more information on accessing source files.
See Resources for editing HTML dashboards for links to the Splunk Developer Portal documentation on editing HTML dashboards.
Key files for dashboard editing
Refer to Source files for dashboards and forms for the location of source files when converting a dashboard to HTML.
If you are using a third party editor for the HTML source files, remember to refresh your Splunk instance to view the dashboard with the edited source files. For example:
Generate dashboard PDFs
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 6.3.0, 6.3.1, 6.3.2, 6.3.3, 6.3.4, 6.3.5, 6.3.6, 6.3.7, 6.3.8, 6.3.9, 6.3.10, 6.3.11, 6.3.12, 6.3.13, 6.3.14, 6.4.0, 6.4.1, 6.4.2, 6.4.3, 6.4.4, 6.4.5, 6.4.6, 6.4.7, 6.4.8, 6.4.9, 6.4.10, 6.4.11