Use the search head clustering dashboard
The search head clustering dashboard allows you to view the cluster configuration and perform some management actions on the cluster.
To access the search head clustering dashboard:
- Click Settings on the upper right side of Splunk Web.
- In the Distributed Environment group, click Search head clustering.
The dashboard provides basic information about the cluster, such as:
- The list of cluster members
- The status of each member
- The current captain
- The time of the last heartbeat to the captain
Several actions are available from the dashboard, including:
- Begin rolling restart. This action initiates a rolling restart of the cluster members. See Restart the search head cluster.
- Transfer captain. This action is available for each member not currently the captain. It transfers captaincy to that member. See Transfer captaincy.
Note: To transfer captaincy or perform rolling restart from the dashboard, all search head cluster members must be at release 6.6 or later.
Restart the search head cluster
Use the CLI to view information about a search head cluster
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 6.6.0, 6.6.1, 6.6.2, 6.6.3, 6.6.4, 6.6.5, 6.6.6, 6.6.7, 6.6.8, 6.6.9, 6.6.10, 6.6.11, 6.6.12, 7.0.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, 7.0.4, 7.0.5, 7.0.6, 7.0.7, 7.0.8, 7.1.0, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.1.3, 7.1.4, 7.1.5, 7.1.6, 7.2.0, 7.2.1, 7.2.2, 7.2.3, 7.2.4