Manage private apps in your Splunk Cloud deployment
Private apps are Splunk apps that are private to your Splunk Cloud deployment. These apps are not publicly available on Splunkbase. Like all Splunk apps, private apps must be approved by Splunk to be installed on your Splunk Cloud deployment. Splunk uses the validation tool AppInspect to determine if apps comply with the security requirements of Splunk Cloud. For information about Appinspect, see Splunk AppInspect tool on the Splunk developer portal.
Before you create a private app, review the following resources.
- See the Building Splunk Apps documentation on Splunkbase.
- For information about dependencies, see the Splunk Packaging Toolkit.
- For information about AppInspect, see Splunk Appinspect tool on the Splunk developer portal.
To create a private app:
- Create an app that conforms to Splunk app standards and requirements.
- Make sure the app package does not have any static dependencies, because only dynamic dependencies are supported.
- Package the app as a .tgz, .spl, .zip or .gz file. Keep the package size limited to 128MB.
- Run the app through AppInspect and make sure it passes all app validation checks.
The file is ready to be submitted to Splunk Support. File a support ticket to submit your app and initiate the cloud vetting and installation process.
Install apps in your Splunk Cloud deployment
Manage a rolling restart in Splunk Cloud
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk Cloud™: 6.6.3