Reports are created when you save a search or a pivot for later reuse. After a report is created, there's a lot you can do with it. In this manual, you'll find out how to:
- Manually create and edit reports. Add reports to the Report listing page from either Search or Pivot. In Splunk Enterprise, configure a report manually in
savedsearches.conf. Convert a dashboard panel to a report. Share your report with others by changing its permissions.
- Accelerate slow-completing reports, either during the report creation process, or at a later point.
- Set up scheduled reports--reports that run on a regular interval and which trigger an alert action (such as the sending of an email with search results) each time they run. Scheduled reports are also used for summary indexing.
- Configure the priority of scheduled reports. Learn how the Report Scheduler manages multiple concurrent reports and learn how to configure your Report Scheduler options.
- Understand how to generate PDFs of reports, dashboards, searches, and pivots. Enable non-Latin fonts in PDFs. In Splunk Enterprise, configure PDF generation by editing .conf files. Review the exceptions to this functionality.
Create and edit reports
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk Cloud™: 6.6.3, 7.0.2, 7.0.0, 7.0.3, 7.0.5, 7.0.8, 7.0.11, 7.1.3, 7.1.6, 7.2.3, 7.2.4, 7.2.6, 7.2.7, 7.2.8, 7.2.9, 8.0.0, 8.0.1