Makes a field on the x-axis numerically continuous by adding empty buckets for periods where there is no data and quantifying the periods where there is data. This x-axis field can then be invoked by the
makecontinuous [<field>] <bins-options>...
- Datatype: bins | span | start-end
- Description: Discretization options. See "Bins options" for details.
- Datatype: <field>
- Description: Specify a field name.
- Syntax: bins=<int>
- Description: Sets the maximum number of bins to discretize into.
- Syntax: <log-span> | <span-length>
- Description: Sets the size of each bin, using a span length based on time or log-based span.
- Syntax: end=<num> | start=<num>
- Description: Sets the minimum and maximum extents for numerical bins. Data outside of the [start, end] range is discarded.
- Syntax: [<num>]log[<num>]
- Description: Sets to log-based span. The first number is a coefficient. The second number is the base. If the first number is supplied, it must be a real number >= 1.0 and < base. Base, if supplied, must be real number > 1.0, meaning it must be strictly greater than 1.
- Syntax: <span>[<timescale>]
- Description: A span length based on time.
- Syntax: <int>
- Description: The span of each bin. If using a timescale, this is used as a time range. If not, this is an absolute bin "length."
- Syntax: <sec> | <min> | <hr> | <day> | <month> | <subseconds>
- Description: Time scale units.
Time scale Syntax Description <sec> s | sec | secs | second | seconds Time scale in seconds. <min> m | min | mins | minute | minutes Time scale in minutes. <hr> h | hr | hrs | hour | hours Time scale in hours. <day> d | day | days Time scale in days. <month> mon | month | months Time scale in months. <subseconds> us | ms | cs | ds Time scale in microseconds (us), milliseconds (ms), centiseconds (cs), or deciseconds (ds)
Make "_time" continuous with a span of 10 minutes.
... | makecontinuous _time span=10m
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk Cloud™: 7.0.11, 7.0.13, 7.2.4, 7.2.6, 7.2.7, 7.2.8, 7.2.9, 7.2.10, 8.0.2001, 8.0.2003, 8.0.2004, 8.0.2006, 8.0.2007, 8.1.2008