Concatenates string values from 2 or more fields. Combines together string values and literals into a new field. A destination field name is specified at the end of the
strcat [allrequired=<bool>] <source-fields> <dest-field>
- Syntax: <string>
- Description: A destination field to save the concatenated string values in, as defined by the <source-fields> argument. The destination field is always at the end of the series of source fields.
- Syntax: (<field> | <quoted-str>)...
- Description: Specify the field names and literal string values that you want to concatenate. Literal values must be enclosed in quotation marks.
- Syntax: "<string>"
- Description: Quoted string literals.
- Examples: "/" or ":"
- Syntax: allrequired=<bool>
- Description: Specifies whether or not all source fields need to exist in each event before values are written to the destination field. If
allrequired=f, the destination field is always written and source fields that do not exist are treated as empty strings. If
allrequired=t, the values are written to destination field only if all source fields exist.
- Default: false
strcat command is a distributable streaming command. See Command types.
Add a field called comboIP, which combines the source and destination IP addresses. Separate the addresses with a forward slash character.
... | strcat sourceIP "/" destIP comboIP
Add a field called comboIP, which combines the source and destination IP addresses. Separate the addresses with a forward slash character. Create a chart of the number of occurrences of the field values.
host="mailserver" | strcat sourceIP "/" destIP comboIP | chart count by comboIP
Add a field called address, which combines the host and port values into the format <host>::<port>.
... | strcat host "::" port address
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk Cloud™: 7.0.13, 8.0.2006, 8.1.2009, 8.1.2011, 8.0.2007, 8.1.2012 (latest FedRAMP release), 8.1.2101, 8.1.2103, 8.2.2104, 8.2.2105, 8.2.2106