Create a dashboard
Dashboards are created in the context of a particular app. For example, if you are using the Search and Reporting app, dashboards use this app context.
After you create a dashboard, you can modify its permissions to share or manage access for other users. You can also modify the app context.
- Use one of the following options.
From What to do Dashboards page Click Create new dashboard Saving a visualization
- Select Save as > Dashboard panel
- Click New to create a new dashboard using this panel.
- Provide a Title, an ID if you don't want to use the title default, and Description for the dashboard. Each dashboard requires a unique ID, but titles do not have to be unique.
- Specify permissions.
- Choose to build your dashboard in the Classic framework. If you choose to build it in Dashboard Studio, see Create a dashboard in Dashboard Studio in the Splunk Dashboard Studio manual.
- Save the dashboard. Use one of the following options.
From Click Dashboards page Click Create Dashboard Saving a visualization Click Save
- Add panels, convert the dashboard to a form, or edit dashboard content.
For more information, see the following topics.
About the dashboard editor
Working with dashboard panels
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk Cloud Platform™: 8.1.2103, 8.2.2104, 8.2.2105, 8.2.2106, 8.2.2107 (latest FedRAMP release), 8.2.2109, 8.2.2111