Admin Config Service (ACS) requirements and compatibility matrix
The ACS API does not currently support AWS GovCloud or FedRAMP environments.
To use the ACS API with your Splunk Cloud Platform deployment:
- A user's assigned role must contain the capabilities required to access a specific ACS API endpoint. The
sc_adminrole has all required capabilities by default. For a list of required capabilities, see Manage ACS API access with capabilities.
- You must have a version of Splunk Cloud Platform that is compatible with the specific ACS feature that you want to use. For Splunk Cloud Platform version compatibility, see the ACS compatibility matrix.
- Your Splunk Cloud Platform Experience (Victoria or Classic) must be compatible with the ACS feature that you want to use. For Splunk Cloud Platform Experience compatibility, see the ACS compatibility matrix. For more information, see Determine your Splunk Cloud Platform Experience.
- Your deployment must have one or more separate search heads or a search head cluster. ACS is not supported on single instance deployments.
ACS compatibility matrix
|Feature||Required version||Victoria Experience||Classic Experience|
|Configure IP allow lists||8.0.2007 or higher||Yes||Yes|
|Configure outbound ports||8.0.2007 or higher||Yes||Yes|
|Manage authentication tokens||8.0.2007 or higher||Yes||Yes|
|Manage HTTP Event Collector (HEC) tokens||8.1.2101 or higher||Yes||No (Non-ACS endpoints available. See Manage HEC tokens using Splunk Cloud Classic endpoints.)|
|Manage indexes||8.2.2106 or higher||Yes||No (Non-ACS endpoints available. See Manage indexes on Splunk Cloud Platform Classic Experience.)|
|Manage limits.conf configurations||8.2.2203 or higher||Yes||No|
|Manage private apps||8.2.2109 or higher||Yes||Yes|
|Manage Splunkbase apps||8.2.2112 or higher||Yes||No|
Determine your Splunk Cloud Platform Experience
Each Splunk Cloud Platform stack has an Experience designation: Classic or Victoria. Some ACS features are compatible with Victoria Experience only, while others, such as private app management, provide different endpoints for Classic Experience and Victoria Experience.
To find your Splunk Cloud Platform Experience:
- In Splunk Web, click Support & Services > About.
- In the About panel, under Splunk Cloud, find your Experience: Classic or Victoria.
After you determine your Splunk Cloud Platform Experience, use the ACS feature endpoints that apply to your Experience.
For more information on Splunk Cloud Platform Experience, see Determine your Splunk Cloud Platform Experience in the Splunk Cloud Platform Admin Manual.
About the Admin Config Service (ACS) API
Basic setup and usage concepts for the Admin Config Service (ACS) API
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk Cloud Platform™: 8.2.2109, 8.2.2111, 8.2.2112, 8.2.2201, 8.2.2202, 8.2.2203, 9.0.2205, 9.0.2208, 9.0.2209 (latest FedRAMP release)