Configure Ping Identity with leaf or intermediate SSL certificate chains
To configure Ping Identity with leaf or intermediate certificates:
1. Verify or create the following directories in Splunk. You can use the following command:
/home/build/build-home/galaxy/openssl/ ***(or which every directory /"splunk cmd openssl version –d" command returns /opt/splunk/etc/auth/idpCerts/ /opt/splunk/etc/auth/idpCerts/certs/ /
2. Create a link between the two
d/opt/splunk/etc/auth/idpCerts/ certificates and
/home/build/build-home/galaxy/openssl/(or the directory that is
splunk cmd openssl version –d). You can use the following
ln -s /opt/splunk/etc/auth/idpCerts/ /home/build/build-home/galaxy/openssl/
3. Place you certificate chain in
ensure that they are owned by splunk:splunk:, You can use the following commands:
rw-rw-r-. 1 splunk splunk 1635 Nov 1 16:33 aaa_intermediate.pem rw-rw-r-. 1 splunk splunk 1261 Nov 1 16:33 aaa_root.pem
4. Once your root, intermediate, and leaf certificate files are in place,
create x.509 hash links from the certificates directory to the
certificates in the
idpCerts directory. You can use the following command:
ln -s /opt/splunk/etc/auth/idpCerts/aaa_intermediate.pem `openssl x509 -hash -noout -in /opt/splunk/etc/auth/idpCerts/aaa_intermediate.pem`.0 ln -s /opt/splunk/etc/auth/idpCerts/aaa_root.pem `openssl x509 -hash -noout -in /opt/splunk/etc/auth/idpCerts/aaa_root.pem`.0
5. In the
authentication.conf file, point the
idpCertPath attribute to the
intermediate filename (make sure you are pointing to the certificate file, not the symlink). You can use the following entry:
idpCertPath = /opt/splunk/etc/auth/idpCerts/aaa_intermediate.pem
5. Open Splunk Web. Under Settings, select Authentication Method > SAML > Configure Splunk to use SAML > SAML Configuration.
6. Select the following fields:
- Sign AuthnRequest = checked
- Sign SAML response = checked
7. Save your changes in Splunk Web.
8.In your Ping Identity configuration, set "Include Certificate in KeyInfo" to "True".
9. Save your changes.
Secure SSO with TLS certificates on Splunk Enterprise
Configure SAML SSO for other IdPs
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk Cloud Platform™: 8.2.2202, 8.2.2105, 8.2.2106, 8.2.2107, 8.2.2109, 8.2.2111, 8.2.2112, 8.2.2201 (latest FedRAMP release), 8.1.2103