About the Splunk Light AMI
Splunk Light is available as an Amazon Machine Image on the Amazon Web Services Marketplace for Splunk products. The Splunk Light AMI consists of of Splunk Light running on Amazon Linux with a Splunk Light Free license.
To upgrade your license, you can purchase a Splunk Light license from Splunk.com.
Get the Splunk Light AMI
You can find the Splunk Light AMI on the AWS Marketplace.
1. Go to the AWS Marketplace for Splunk Light.
2. From the Splunk Light AMI overview page, click continue.
Note: Sign in or create and AWS account to continue.
3. On the Launch on EC2 page, choose an EC2 instance type. Make sure you pick an instance type large enough to handle what you want Splunk Light to do for you. The default is C3.L.
4. Click Launch with 1-click
5. In your security group, note the ports that are open.
- TCP (554)
- UDP, 8089 (management)
- 8000 (splunkweb)
- 9997 (fwder)
- 22 (SSH)
- 443 (SSL/https)
Start using the Splunk Light AMI
If you already started a copy of the Splunk Light AMI on the AWS Marketplace, then you have an instance of Splunk Light running as the Splunk user. It will start when the virtual machine starts.
Find Splunk Web
1. In your EC2 Management Console, find your instance running Splunk Light. Note the Splunk Light instance ID and public IP.
2. Copy and paste the public IP into a new browser tab. Do not hit enter yet.
3. Append :8000 to the end of the IP address and hit enter.
4. Log into Splunk Light with the credentials:
- username: admin
- password: <instance id from management console>
5. On the next screen, set a new password.
Upgrade Splunk Light version
See "How to upgrade Splunk Light" in the Installation Manual. Be sure to run a backup before you begin the upgrade.
Upgrade your AWS storage capacity
See the AWS documentation about Amazon EBS.
Upgrade your AWS compute capacity
See the AWS documentation about Amazon EC2.
About upgrading and migrating Splunk Light
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Light: 6.3.0, 6.3.1, 6.3.2, 6.3.3, 6.3.4, 6.3.5, 6.4.0, 6.4.1, 6.4.2, 6.4.3, 6.4.4