About the Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring AMI
Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring is available as an Amazon Machine Image on the Amazon Web Services Marketplace for Splunk products.
The Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring AMI is available on Splunk Light. Contact Splunk sales for license information and pricing. To upgrade your Splunk Light license, see About upgrading and migrating Splunk Light in the Installation Manual.
Get the Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring AMI
You can find the Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring AMI on the AWS Marketplace.
2. From the Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring page, click Continue.
Note: Sign in or create an AWS account to continue.
3. On the Launch on EC2 page, choose an EC2 instance type. Make sure you select an instance type large enough to handle what you want Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring to do for you. The default is C3.L.
4. Click 1-Click Launch
5. In your security group, note the ports that are open.
- TCP (554)
- UDP, 8089 (management)
- 8000 (splunkweb)
- 9997 (fwder)
- 22 (SSH)
- 443 (SSL/https)
Start using the Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring AMI
If you already started a copy of the Splunk Insights for AWS Cloud Monitoring AMI on the AWS Marketplace, then you have an instance of Splunk Light running as the Splunk user. It will start when the virtual machine starts.
Find Splunk Web
1. In your EC2 Management Console, find your instance running Splunk Light. Note the Splunk Light instance ID and public IP.
2. Copy and paste the public IP into a new browser tab. Do not hit enter yet.
3. Append :8000 to the end of the IP address and hit enter.
4. Log into Splunk Light with the credentials:
- username: admin
- password: <instance id from management console>
5. On the next screen, set a new password.
Upgrade Splunk Light version
See How to upgrade Splunk Light in the Splunk Light Installation Manual. Be sure to run a backup before you begin the upgrade.
Upgrade your AWS storage capacity
See the AWS documentation about Amazon EBS.
Upgrade your AWS compute capacity
See the AWS documentation about Amazon EC2.
Upgrade or downgrade Splunk Light
Get started with the Splunk App for AWS
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Light: 6.6.2, 6.6.3, 7.0.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, 7.1.0, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.1.3, 7.2.0, 7.2.1, 7.2.2, 7.2.3, 7.2.4, 7.2.5, 7.2.6, 7.3.0, 7.3.1