About the Splunk Light user interface
This topic explains the different views that make up the Splunk Light user interface, Splunk Web.
You can navigate the Splunk Light bar and the system or sidebar menu.
There are two menus that you can use to navigate your Splunk Light instance: the Splunk Light bar and the system or sidebar menu.
At the top of every page is the Splunk Light bar.
Use the Splunk Light bar to navigate the different views in Splunk Light. These views include Search, Reports, Alerts, and Dashboards. You can click the Splunk Light logo on the top left to return to Home, which is the Splunk Light landing page.
The top right of the bar includes your account menu. You can use this menu to edit your account settings and log out of your instance.
The menu icon to the left of the Splunk Light logo opens a sidebar menu. Use this menu to view and manage system messages and access the different settings pages for your Splunk Light instance.
Tasks you can accomplish from the settings pages include the following.
- To view and manage the data sources you added to Splunk Light, go to Data and select Data inputs.
- To update or reset your license, go to System and select Licensing.
- To restart Splunk Light, go to System and select Restart.
Splunk Light Home
Splunk Light Home is the landing page when you log into Splunk Light and when you click the Splunk Light logo at the top left. Another name for Splunk Light Home is the Search Summary view.
You can use this page to do the following actions.
- Open the Add Data view to configure new data inputs.
- View a summary of the existing data inputs that is stored in the main index.
- Run a new search by typing your search string into the search bar.
- View and interact with your search history.
After you run a search, the New Search view opens.
This view consists of the search bar, a time range picker, search job actions and controls, and search results tabs. You can use this view to do the following.
- Interact with the results of a recently completely search.
- Refine the search or run a new search.
- Edit the visualization for your result.
After you run a search, you can save it as a report, configure alerts based on the search, and create dashboards based on the searches and reports.
View and manage your saved reports from the Reports page.
Actions you can do include the following.
- Open the saved report and edit the underlying search or data visualization.
- Edit the report's Permissions to share it with other users.
- Open the report in the Search view to modify the search and save it as another report.
- Clone the report to edit it and save it as another report.
- Toggle the display of the reports to show as tiles or as a list.
With a Splunk Light paid license, you can configure alerts. An alert is an action that triggers based on specified results of the search. View and manage your configured and triggered alerts from the Alerts page.
See About alerting in Splunk Light in the Getting Started Manual.
Use the Dashboards page to access your saved dashboards. You can also create new dashboards from inline searches using the dashboard editor on this page.
See About using dashboards in Splunk Light in the Getting Started Manual.
Start Splunk Light and log into Splunk Web
About Splunk Light accounts
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Light: 7.1.0, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.1.3, 7.2.0, 7.2.1, 7.2.2, 7.2.3, 7.2.4, 7.2.5, 7.2.6, 7.3.0, 7.3.1, 7.3.2, 7.3.3, 7.3.4