Add a dashboard panel from a search
To visualize your data, you first need to execute a search. Splunk software provides visualizations that together suit all types of data. In this scenario, search for all processes that are running under the root user.
- Click Search in the Splunk Light bar.
- Type the following into the search bar.
You now see all processes that are running under the root user.
- Click Save As.
- Click Dashboard Panel.
- Add your list of events to your existing dashboard.
- Name your panel Processes running under the root user.
- Click Save.
- To view your changes, click View Dashboard.
Your dashboard now contains three panels: two prebuilt panels, and one powered by an inline search.
Add prebuilt panels to a dashboard
Add tables to a dashboard
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Light (Legacy): 6.4.0, 6.4.1, 6.4.2, 6.4.3, 6.4.4, 6.5.0, 6.5.1, 6.5.2, 6.5.3, 6.5.1612 (cloud service only), 6.6.0, 6.6.1, 6.6.2, 6.6.3, 7.0.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, 7.1.0, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.1.3, 7.2.0, 7.2.1, 7.2.2, 7.2.3, 7.2.4, 7.2.5, 7.2.6, 7.3.0, 7.3.1, 7.3.2, 7.3.3, 7.3.4, 7.3.5, 7.3.6