Add a dashboard panel from a search
To visualize your data, you first need to execute a search. Splunk software provides visualizations that together suit all types of data. In this scenario, search for all processes that are running under the root user.
- Click Search in the Splunk Light bar.
- Type the following into the search bar.
You now see all processes that are running under the root user.
- Click Save As.
- Click Dashboard Panel.
- Add your list of events to your existing dashboard.
- Name your panel Processes running under the root user.
- Click Save.
- To view your changes, click View Dashboard.
Your dashboard now contains three panels: two prebuilt panels, and one powered by an inline search.
Add prebuilt panels to a dashboard
Add tables to a dashboard
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Light (Legacy): 7.3.0, 7.3.1, 7.3.2, 7.3.3, 7.3.4, 7.3.5, 7.3.6