Edit dashboard panels
After charts and visualizations are in your dashboard, you can edit the presentation of your panels. You can edit the title, style, formatting, and time range of your dashboard panels directly from the dashboard reference. In this scenario, you edit all aspects of your dashboard panels.
Step 1: Modify panel settings
You can edit the visualization type, visualization format, and search time range from the dashboard reference.
Navigate to your dashboard.
- Click Dashboards in the Splunk Light bar.
- Select Yours.
- Select your dashboard.
- Click Open.
- Select Edit > Edit Panels.
You can now edit the various aspects of your dashboard panels
Edit visualization type
Edit a visualization to configure its appearance. Edit your Process counts by user table panel to display it as a bar chart.
- Scroll to your Process counts by user table panel.
- Click the visualizations menu, which appears as a table icon.
- Select the Bar Chart visualization option. Certain visualizations are recommended for the data type.
Edit visualization format
You can edit the visualization format and behavior. Format options vary by visualization type. Edit your Processes running under the root user panel to display more clearly.
- Scroll to your Processes running under the root user panel.
- Click the paint brush menu.
- Edit your visualization formatting by selecting options. The visualization shows your changes as you make them.
- Click Yes for Row Numbers.
- Click No for Wrap Results.
Edit search time range
You can edit the time ranges of the searches that power your visualizations. To edit a prebuilt panel from the dashboard reference, first convert it to an inline panel. Edit your Unix - Input ingestion over 24 hours panel to only include results from the past hour.
- Click the lock icon on the top right of your Unix - Input ingestion over 24 hours panel.
- Click Convert to Inline Panel.
- Click Convert.
- Click the magnifying glass icon menu.
- Click Edit Search String.
- Click Time Range to select or create the time range over which your search is applied.
- Click Last 60 minutes.
- Click Save.
Step 2: Edit panel titles
Edit prebuilt panel titles
Edit your Unix - Input Ingestion over 24 hours panel title to reflect the changes you made to the search.
- Click the lock icon on the top right of your Unix - Input Ingestion over 24 hours panel.
- Ensure that you converted this panel to a prebuilt panel. If not, then click Convert to Inline Panel.
- Click the title box of the panel, and rename your panel accordingly to Unix - Input Ingestion over 1 hour.
You can edit panels you generate from a search or report can be edited directly in the dashboard reference. To edit all other panel type titles, click on the title of the panel and type your new title.
Step 3: Save all of your changes
When finished with the above, click Done at the top right of the page to save the changes you made to your dashboard panels.
Add a single value panel to a dashboard
Organize and view a dashboard
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Light (Legacy): 7.3.0, 7.3.1, 7.3.2, 7.3.3, 7.3.4, 7.3.5, 7.3.6