Enable the Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux
The first step in this scenario is to enable the Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux. You can analyze data from your deployment as well as understand the functionality of dashboards.
- Log in to Splunk Light.
- Navigate to Data > Apps and Add-ons.
- Click Enable on the Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux.
- Click Set Up.
- Click Enable on all inputs.
- Click Save.
- Restart your Splunk Light instance for the changes to take effect.
By enabling the inputs, you set bash scripts to run at specific intervals and collect event data in the os index. Now that you have these inputs set to enable, Splunk Light can access and analyze your data.
Confirm the add-on is enabled
Ensure that your inputs are enabled.
- Select Data > Apps and Add-ons.
- Click Objects in the Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux.
- Click Indexes. The index os should have an event count greater than zero.
Create and manage a dashboard using Splunk Light
Create a dashboard
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Light (Legacy): 7.3.0, 7.3.1, 7.3.2, 7.3.3, 7.3.4, 7.3.5, 7.3.6