Use reports in Splunk Light
When you create a search or a pivot that you would like to run again or share with others, you can save it as a report. This means that you can create reports from both the Search and the Pivot sides of the Splunk platform.
Once you create a report you can:
- View the results that the report returns on the report viewing page. You can get to the viewing page for a report by clicking the name of the report on the Reports listing page.
- Open the report and edit it so that it returns different data or displays its data in a different manner. Your report opens in either Pivot or Search, depending on how it was created.
In addition, if your permissions enable you to do so, you can:
- Change the report permissions to share it with other Splunk users. See Set report permissions in the Splunk Enterprise Reporting Manual.
- Schedule the report so that it runs on a regular interval. Scheduled reports can perform actions each time they run, such as sending report results via email to a set of stakeholders. See Schedule reports in the Splunk Enterprise Reporting Manual.
- Accelerate slow-completing reports built in Search. See Accelerate reports in the Splunk Enterprise Reporting Manual.
- Embed scheduled reports in external websites. See Embed scheduled reports in external websites in the Splunk Enterprise Reporting Manual.
- Add the report to a dashboard as a dashboard panel. See Add a search, report, or pivot to a dashboard in the Splunk Enterprise Dashboards and Visualizations manual.
- Generate PDF reports. See Understand how to generate PDFs of reports, dashboards, searches, and pivots the Splunk Enterprise Reporting Manual.
Note: Permissions for reports built using Pivot must match those of the data model that was used to construct them. See Permissions for Pivot-based reports in the Splunk Enterprise Reporting Manual.
For more information about reports, see the Splunk Enterprise Reporting Manual.
View search results in Splunk Light
Use lookups in Splunk Light
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Light (Legacy): 6.6.0, 6.6.1, 6.6.2, 6.6.3, 7.0.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, 7.1.0, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.1.3, 7.2.0, 7.2.1, 7.2.2, 7.2.3, 7.2.4, 7.2.5, 7.2.6, 7.3.0, 7.3.1, 7.3.2, 7.3.3, 7.3.4, 7.3.5, 7.3.6