Create a User account in Splunk Light
The Splunk Light license supports up to five user accounts in your Splunk Light instance. Accounts can have Admin or User roles. You need to log in as an Admin to create and manage user accounts.
The Splunk Light Free license supports a single Admin account. You cannot add additional accounts.
Create a user account
- Log into Splunk Light as the
- Click the sidebar menu in the Splunk bar.
- Under System, click Manage accounts.
- In the Manage Accounts view, click New user or Add new account.
- Next to Role, click User. This assigns the role of User to the new account you create.
- Enter the Username for the account.
- Enter a valid Email address.
- Enter a Password and Confirm password.
- Enter the user's Full name. The user's initials are used in the account's icon.
- Select permission to delete data.
- Click Save.
About Splunk Light accounts
Manage account settings in Splunk Light
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Light (Legacy): 7.3.0, 7.3.1, 7.3.2, 7.3.3, 7.3.4, 7.3.5, 7.3.6