Follow content and users
All users have the option to follow content in the areas that they are interested in. You can follow a specific question, or you can follow a topic (tag). You can also follow other users to stay up-to-date on their latest Splunk Answers contributions. Following experts who post high quality content is a great way expand your Splunk software knowledge.
Follow a question
When you follow a question, you receive an email notification whenever there is any follow-up activity on that post such as a new comment, answer, or accepted answer.
- To follow a question, click the green Follow button on the right side of the question page.
Follow a topic (tag)
To stay up-to-date with the latest questions that are posted about a specific topic, you can follow a topic. You receive an email notification whenever a question is posted to a topic with that tag.
For example, if you are interested in questions that are asked about the HTTP Event Collector, you can follow the http-event-collector topic.
- To follow a topic, click the tag. A page appears that list the posts to which that tag is assigned.
- Click on the +Follow button at the top of the page, above the Ask a question button.
If you’d like to explore all of the tags that exist on the site, or you would like to search for certain tags to follow, click the tags tab on the right side of the header on any page in Splunk Answers.
Follow a user
You can follow when a user posts something in Splunk Answers. You will receive an email notification whenever that user creates or responds to a post.
There are a couple reasons to follow other users:
- The top contributors on Splunk Answers have the highest karma points and K/P ratios because they are both smart and helpful. There is much to be learned from the knowledge and high quality posts of these champions in the Splunk community. Users see this as a great way to learn from the very best.
- You might have colleagues in your organization on Answers and you want to stay updated on what issues they are trying to solve.
There are two ways you can follow another user:
- Hover over the user’s profile image or username and click the +Follow button in the displayed pop-up.
- If you are already viewing a user’s profile page, you can click the Follow This User button on the profile page.
Use tags to search and categorize
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Answers and Splunkbase: splunkbase