Appends the fields of the subsearch results to current results, first results to first result, second to second, etc.
appendcols [override=bool|subsearch-options]* subsearch
- Description: A search pipeline. Read more about how subsearches work in the Search manual.
- Datatype: <bool>
- Description: If option override is false (default), if a field is present in both a subsearch result and the main result, the main result is used.
- Syntax: maxtime=<int> | maxout=<int> | timeout=<int>
- Description: Controls how the subsearch is executed.
- Syntax: maxtime=<int>
- Description: The maximum time (in seconds) to spend on the subsearch before automatically finalizing. Defaults to 60.
- Syntax: maxout=<int>
- Description: The maximum number of result rows to output from the subsearch. Defaults to 50000.
- Syntax: timeout=<int>
- Description: The maximum time (in seconds) to wait for subsearch to fully finish. Defaults to 120.
Appends fields of the results of the subsearch into input search results by combining the external fields of the subsearch (fields that do not start with '_') into the current results. The first subsearch result is merged with the first main result, the second with the second, and so on. If option override is false (default), if a field is present in both a subsearch result and the main result, the main result is used. If it is true, the subsearch result's value for that field is used.
Example 1: Search for "404" events and append the fields in each event to the previous search results.
... | appendcols [search 404]
Have questions? Visit Splunk Answers and see what questions and answers the Splunk community has using the appendcols command.