View Splunk dashboards and AR workspaces using Splunk AR
To view Splunk dashboards and AR workspaces, you can scan assets with your mobile device, enter a beacon region, or enter a geofenced area.
Before using your mobile device to view Splunk dashboards and AR workspaces, make sure the following requirements are complete:
- Register your device. See Register your mobile device to a Splunk instance.
- An admin enables Splunk AR in the Configure tab of Splunk Cloud Gateway. See Install and Administer Splunk Cloud Gateway.
- An admin configures the appropriate user permissions in Splunk Cloud Gateway.
- An admin configures the appropriate AR workspace permissions in Splunk Cloud Gateway.
- Have access to a registered asset, or be located in a beacon region or geofence.
Scan an asset tag
Scan an asset to view AR workspaces or Splunk dashboards.
Scan a barcode
Here's how to scan a barcode:
- In the Splunk AR app, position the camera in front of the barcode.
- Tap the dashboard or workspace that appears.
- If you're viewing an AR workspace, adjust the workspace. See Adjust AR workspaces and visualizations using Splunk AR.
If you're scanning a QR code, you can scan the barcode and access Splunk AR from the camera app that comes with your device.
If you're having trouble scanning an asset, see Why can't I scan an image-based asset? in the Troubleshoot Splunk AR topic.
Scan an NFC tag
To scan an NFC tag, follow these steps:
- In the Splunk AR app, tap the NFC scanning button.
- Tap your phone against an NFC tag.
- Tap the dashboard or workspace that appears on your mobile device screen.
If scanning an NFC tag to view an AR workspace, do the following steps:
- If you're scanning an NFC tag with a detection image, position the Splunk AR camera in front of the detection image to view the AR workspace.
- Adjust the workspace. See Adjust AR workspaces and visualizations using Splunk AR.
With iPhone XR, XS, and XS Max, you can directly open Splunk AR with background NFC scanning. Tap your iPhone to an NFC tag, and access Splunk AR from the lock screen.
Enter to a beacon region or a geofence
Splunk AR presents Splunk dashboards to your mobile device when you physically enter a beacon region or a geofenced area. Once you go to a beacon region or a geofence, Splunk AR presents dashboards associated with the location on your mobile device.
View non-AR Splunk dashboard history
Follow these steps to view recently scanned non-AR dashboards.
- Tap the three dots options button.
- Tap Non-AR Dashboard Scan History.
This shows your recently scanned Splunk dashboards.
Add and edit notes or media to AR workspaces using Splunk AR
Expand visualizations, media, and notes in Splunk AR
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® AR for iOS: 1.5.0, 2.0.0, 2.1.0, 2.2.0, 2.3.0, 2.4.1, 2.5.0