Upgrade the Splunk Add-on for Box
The Splunk Add-on for Box version 2.0.0 introduced breaking changes. If you are upgrading from version 1.2.0 or earlier to version 2.0.0 or above of the Splunk Add-on for Box, you must follow these instructions to prevent data loss.
To upgrade from version 1.2.0 or earlier to version 2.0.0 or above, follow these steps:
- Before upgrading, disable the inputs configured in Box version 1.2.0 or earlier.
- Upgrade the add-on.
- Go to the Box > Configuration > Box Account page and configure your previously configured Box account.
- Go to the Box > Input page. There are a list of inputs that had been configured before the upgrade. The Name field contains the values for the endpoint, including events, folders, users, and groups.
- At first, all configured inputs have a warning symbol next to the Name field.
- At first, the Account Name field shows Missing Box Account configuration, and the Endpoint field shows Missing Endpoint configuration.
- Reconfigure each input:
- Select the correct Box account.
- Select the Endpoint value corresponding to the Input Name to resume data collection.
- (Optional) Edit the Interval field if required. In previous versions of the Splunk Add-on for Box, the default interval was 120 seconds for events and 64,800 seconds for folders, users, and groups. After upgrading, the interval for configured data inputs is 30 seconds. You might need to edit this default interval after upgrading to version 2.0.0.
- Click Save.
- Enable the reconfigured inputs.
Install the Splunk Add-on for Box
Configure credentials on Box for the Splunk Add-on for Box
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Supported Add-ons: released