Release notes for the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft SQL Server
Version 2.0.0 of the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft SQL Server was released on November 6, 2020.
About this release
Version 2.0.0 of the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft SQL Server is compatible with the following software, CIM versions, and platforms.
|Splunk platform versions||7.2.x, 7.3.x, 8.0.x and 8.1.0|
|Splunk DB Connect||2.4.1, 3.1.3, 3.3.1 and 3.4.0|
|Platforms||Windows for local data collection on MS SQL Server, platform independent otherwise|
|Vendor Products||Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Enterprise, Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Enterprise, Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Enterprise, Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise, Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Standard.|
The field alias functionality is compatible with the current version of this add-on. The current version of this add-on does not support older field alias configurations.
For more information about the field alias configuration change, refer to the Splunk Enterprise Release Notes.
- Support for Microsoft SQL Server Standard 2017 and Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise 2019.
- Compatibility with Splunk DB Connect 3.3.1 and 3.4.0.
- Added field extractions for the
- Removed the search time extractions of the
- The value of the host will be the same as the host provided at the time of connection in Splunk DB Connect.
- For the port field, updated the SQL queries so it will be populated at index-time in the event.
- Common Information Model (CIM) enhancements:
- Support for version 4.17.
- Authentication data model mapping for the logon events in the
- Databases data model mapping for the
- Removed the
serial_numfield from the
- Additional Splunk IT Service Intelligence (ITSI) database module field compatibility.
For information on upgrading to the newest version of this add-on, see the Upgrade the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft SQL Server topic in this manual.
Version 2.0.0 of the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft SQL Server has the following fixed issues.
|Date resolved||Issue number||Description|
|2020-10-22||ADDON-30436||'Additional_Information' field is not getting extracted properly for the 'mssql:audit' sourcetype|
|2020-09-21||ADDON-29421||Removed incorrect field mapping of serial_num in sourcetype = mssql:transaction:dm_tran_locks|
Version 2.0.0 of the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft SQL Server has the following known issues.
If no issues appear below, no issues have yet been reported:
|Date filed||Issue number||Description|
|2014-12-18||ADDON-2753, ADDON-8229||Error in opening perfmon with regex object (SQLServer|MSSQL*) from data inputs UI|
Third-party software attributions
Version 2.0.0 of the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft SQL Server does not incorporate any third-party components or libraries.
Source types for the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft SQL Server
Release history for the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft SQL Server
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Supported Add-ons: released