Configure NGINX status API input
NGINX Plus provides a real-time live activity monitoring interface that shows key load and performance metrics of your server infrastructure. These metrics are represented as a RESTful JSON interface and this live data can be ingested into Splunk as NGINX Status API input.
Configure NGINX Status API input through Splunk Web.
- Log in to Splunk Web.
- Select Settings > Data inputs > Splunk Add-on for NGINX.
- Click New.
- On the NGINX Status API Input page, enter the following fields:
- Name: A unique name that identifies the NGINX Status API input
- Log level: One of these log levels (with decreasing verbosity): debug, info, warning, error
- NGINX URL: Location of the NGINX status JSON REST interface. For example, http://127.0.0.1/status
- Optionally, select More settings and modify the detailed settings field values as needed
- Click Next.
- Click Review.
- After you review the information, click Submit.
Validate data collection
After you configure monitoring, run one of the following searches to check that you are ingesting the data that you expect.
Configure monitor inputs for the Splunk Add-on for NGINX
Troubleshoot the Splunk Add-on for NGINX
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Supported Add-ons: released