Troubleshooting Tool for DB Connect
Splunk provides you with this command line utility that goes with Splunk DB Connect that enables you to troubleshoot basic configuration problems from your network, database, and DB Connect, saving you time and effort.
- Test connectivity between DBX and DB instances
- Test DB credentials
- Test JDBC driver compatibility
- Test JVM options
The self-service troubleshooting tool has these current limitations.
- Test scheduled inputs
- Test DBX search commands(dbxquery, dbxlookup, dbxoutput)
- Run SQL targeting on a DB instance
- Data loss/duplication
- Performance issues
- HEC errors
The tool can only troubleshoot issues related to connectivity for DB Connect.
Use this tool if the following applies to you:
- Other database clients show expected results but there are errors with DB Connect
- You see DB connect errors in the configuration UI or logs
Data models for Splunk DB Connect
Set Up Troubleshooting Tool for DB Connect
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® DB Connect: 3.5.0, 3.5.1