Generate a choropleth SVG
Choropleth SVGs give you the ability to apply your data, ingested into the Splunk Dashboards app, to your own custom Scalable Vector Graphic (SVG) image.
You must be familiar with the formatting of SVG visualizations in order to use them in your dashboards. To learn more, you can work through a tutorial similar to the following: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/SVG/Tutorial.
There are also tools you can download to help you create SVG files. For example, the open source mapshaper program. To download mapshaper, go to: https://github.com/mbloch/mapshaper.
When you upload an image, it is stored in the KV store. Because of this, only Enterprise admins, Cloud sc_admins, and power users can upload or delete images. Users with any permission set or role can add an image to their dashboard by referencing a URL, but these images will not render when downloaded as PDF or PNG files. If you don't have the correct role assigned to upload images, you can ask someone with the correct role to add it for you.
Add the image to your dashboard
- Select Choropleth SVG using the visual editor by clicking the Add Chart button ( ) in the editing toolbar and either browsing through the available charts, or by using the search option.
- Select the chart on your dashboard so that it's highlighted with the blue editing outline.
- Upload your image in the field in the configuration panel.
- (Optional) Set up a new data source by adding a query to the Search window.
- To choose an existing search, close the window and select the visualization. If the Configuration panel doesn't appear, click the Configuration button ( ) to bring up the Configuration panel and click +Setup Primary Data Source to choose an existing search.
To learn to format your SVG to work with your ingested data, see Format a choropleth SVG .
Format a choropleth map
Format a choropleth SVG
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Dashboards App: 0.9.0