Drill for details
In addition to the dashboard, the Deployment Monitor app includes several other pages with detailed information about your deployment components. You can reach these pages from links near the top of the dashboard:
- All forwarders. This page lists all forwarders in the system and provides basic information about each of them. You can click on any forwarder in the list to drill down to a detail page with a wide variety of information and statistics, including charts of data volume and events per second over time. Missing forwarders are removed automatically from the list, sometime during the 24-hour period after they go missing.
- All indexers. This page lists all indexers in the system and provides overview information on each. You can drill down on each indexer to see more information, including top source types.
- All source types. This page lists all source types being indexed and provides overview information for each. You can drill down on each source type to see more information.
- License usage. This page provides an overview of licensing usage information. You can look at cumulative bytes over selectable time range by source type. You can also view bytes received and usage statistics by source type, source, host, forwarder, indexer, or license pool. For more information on this page, see "View license usage".
- License report. This page provides information on daily license usage over the last 60 days. For more information on this page, see "View license usage".
- Search. This is the standard search page, where you can enter any arbitrary search against the data. For more information on this page, see "Splunk default dashboards" in the Splunk Enterprise documentation.
Troubleshoot your deployment
View license usage
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Deployment Monitor App (Legacy): 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3, 5.0.4