Visualization support for the Connected Experiences apps
These are the current supported and unsupported dashboard visualizations and features for the Connected Experiences apps. If your dashboard isn't loading, it may contain an unsupported visualization.
To check if a dashboard contains any visualizations or configurations that the Connected Experiences apps don't support, see Editing Simple XML in the Splunk Enterprise Dashboards and Visualizations manual.
Supported and unsupported dashboard and visualization and configurations
Keep in mind the following when creating dashboards and visualizations for the Connected Experiences apps:
- Visualizations with more than 3,000 data points take a long time to load. To load visualizations faster, you can increase the sample ratio to adjust the number of data points. See Specify a sampling ratio in the Splunk Enterprise Search Manual for more information.
- Dashboards in the Connected Experiences apps display one title. If your dashboard has both an object title and a panel title, the dashboard displays the object title.
- By default, Splunk Enterprise displays visualizations in panels. Visualizations must have the
paneltag in order to display in the Connected Experiences apps. If you remove the
paneltag from the dashboard XML, the visualization will not display in the Connected Experiences apps.
The following table lists the supported visualizations and the supported and unsupported configurations for each visualization for the Connected Experiences apps:
|Supported visualization||Supported configurations||Unsupported configurations|
Splunk AR, Splunk TV, and Splunk Mobile for Apple Watch have the following visualization limitations:
Splunk AR limitations
- When selecting a dashboard for an AR workspace, you can select from a list dashboards that have the same number of panels as the AR workspace template.
- Splunk AR does not support drilldown or dynamic form inputs.
Splunk TV limitations
- Splunk TV does not support drilldown.
Splunk Mobile for iOS limitations
- Splunk Mobile for iOS does not support landscape mode.
Splunk Mobile for Apple Watch limitations
- Splunk Mobile for Apple Watch supports only line charts, bar charts, pie charts, and single value visualizations.
- Due to iOS Apple Watch limitations, visualizations pinned to the your watch face do not follow any refresh intervals defined in dashboard XML.
The following are limitations for token usage in visualizations in the Connected Experiences apps:
Dynamic form input limitations
The following are limitations for dynamic form inputs in the Connected Experiences apps:
- Only Splunk Mobile and Splunk TV support dynamic form inputs.
- Splunk Mobile and Splunk TV support checkbox, dropdown, multi-select, radio, text, and time picker form inputs.
- The Connected Experiences apps may experience issues with more than 200 drop-down options with a dynamic form input.
- The Splunk Connected Experiences apps do not support conditional form input action tokens.
Drilldown in the Connected Experiences apps has the following limitations:
- Only Splunk Mobile supports drilldown. Splunk AR does not support drilldown.
- Drilldown requires Splunk Cloud Gateway version 1.4.0 or later.
- Only single value and table dashboards support drilldown.
This table provides a list of supported and unsupported drilldown configurations:
|Supported drilldown configurations||Unsupported drilldown configurations|
The Connected Experiences apps do not support the following:
- Glass tables
- Maps (including choropleth)
- Custom HTML (including D3 visualizations)
- Custom JS
- dbx commands
Splunk Cloud Gateway release notes
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Cloud Gateway: 1.8.0, 1.9.0, 1.9.1