Install Hunk on Amazon Web Services using a license
Hunk is available on the Amazon Web Services Marketplace (AWS) as an Amazon Machine Image (AMI).
The Hunk AMI is a Linux x64 server instance that comes pre-installed with Hunk. It's public and free, though EC2 hourly fees may apply and are detailed on the AMI page.
How do I get it?
Setting up Hunk in the Hunk AMI is easy:
1. Go to the AWS Marketplace and create a Hunk EC2 instance. The Hunk AMI can be accessed Here.
3. Configure Hunk to analyze your data. This means setting up a provider and virtual index that points to your directories in HDFS or S3.
- To configure Hunk using the configuration files, see:
Recommendations for your instance
When setting up your Hunk AMI instance, keep in mind the following:
- You should create an instance with enough resources to accommodate your expected workload and search concurrency. For instance, a c3.2xlarge (high-CPU instance) provides a good starting point.
- Make sure that the Hunk instance can freely communicate with all of your EMR cluster nodes. To do this, you can edit your Security Groups in the EC2 Management page to make sure traffic is allowed to and from all ports.
- If you are using S3 for your data directories, we recommend that you set up your Hunk working directory in HDFS. This improves processing speed and allows you to keep your directory read-only, if desired.
The Hunk AMI directory structure and permissions
The Hunk directory lives under
/opt. These directories are recursively owned by user and group
/opt/hadoopcontains the Hadoop libraries. For now, only vanilla Apache hadoop 1.0.3 and 2.2.0 are located here.
/opt/javais where a modern version of Java resides. The latest installed in the AMI is Java 1.7 U45.
/opt/hunkcontains the actual Hunk installation.
Install Hunk on Amazon Web Services with hourly pricing
Convert from hourly pricing to a license
This documentation applies to the following versions of Hunk®(Legacy): 6.2, 6.2.1, 6.2.2, 6.2.3, 6.2.4, 6.2.5, 6.2.6, 6.2.7, 6.2.8, 6.2.9, 6.2.10, 6.2.11, 6.2.12, 6.2.13, 6.3.0, 6.3.1, 6.3.2, 6.3.3, 6.3.4, 6.3.5, 6.3.6, 6.3.7, 6.3.8, 6.3.9, 6.3.10, 6.3.11, 6.3.12, 6.3.13, 6.4.0, 6.4.1, 6.4.2, 6.4.3, 6.4.4, 6.4.5, 6.4.6, 6.4.7, 6.4.8, 6.4.9, 6.4.10, 6.4.11