Install Splunk IT Essentials Learn
Follow these steps to install Splunk IT Essentials Learn. This version of IT Essentials Learn is available on Splunk Cloud Platform and Splunk Enterprise on-premises. Because the app includes demo data, it takes about 17 MB of storage on the search head.
Follow these steps to install Splunk IT Essentials Learn in a single-instance deployment.
- Download the IT Essentials Learn app from Splunkbase.
- From the Splunk Web home screen, click the gear icon next to Apps.
- Click Install app from file.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete your installation.
- Verify that the app appears in the list of apps and add-ons. You can also find it on the server at $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/<Name_of_add-on>.
Install Splunk IT Essentials Learn on search heads only. This app is safe to install in large clusters because it has no impact on indexers. For installation instructions, see Install an add-on in a distributed Splunk Enterprise deployment.
Alongside IT Service Intelligence
This app doesn't interfere with ITSI and can be safely installed on an ITSI search head or search head cluster.
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® IT Essentials Learn: 1.0.0, 1.0.1, 1.1.0, 1.1.1, 1.1.2