Get started using Splunk App for Infrastructure
To get started using Splunk App for Infrastructure (SAI), see the topics in this guide for information about how to:
- Monitor entity health
- Investigate entities and groups
- Analyze performance
- Monitor and investigate alerts
- Use notifications to notify you when an alert is triggered
- Follow use cases for example workflows for monitoring your system
- Watch videos for a tour and instructions about how to use the application
- Use the toolkit for information about navigating views, using groups, understanding analytics, and so on.
Where to start
For instructions on how to install and set up SAI in a single-instance or distributed deployment environment, see the Install and Upgrade Splunk App for Infrastructure guide.
For instructions on how to administer SAI, including including adding data, advanced data collection tasks, creating alerts, configuring notifications, managing users and roles, and troubleshooting, see the Administer Splunk App for Infrastructure guide.
For instructions on how to use an already configured instance of SAI, see the sections in this guide, Use Splunk App for Infrastructure.
For information about new features, fixed issues, and known issues in this version of Splunk App for Infrastructure, see the Release Notes for Splunk App for Infrastructure guide.
About Splunk App for Infrastructure
Monitor entity health with Splunk App for Infrastructure
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® App for Infrastructure: 1.3.0, 1.3.1, 1.4.0, 1.4.1, 2.0.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2, 2.0.3, 2.0.4, 2.1.0, 2.1.1 Cloud only, 2.2.0 Cloud only, 2.2.1, 2.2.2, 2.2.3 Cloud only