Sample DNS searches and dashboards
This topic lists searches that you can perform to confirm that Windows DNS data has arrived at the indexer.
Search Windows DNS data
To confirm that Windows DNS data is present on the indexer, use the Search app:
1. Log into Splunk Enterprise on the indexer, if you have not already.
2. Load the Search app. In the system bar, select Apps > Search & Reporting. Splunk loads the Search app.
3. Try the following searches to confirm that data is present:
This search confirms that the Splunk Add-on for Windows DNS is sending data to the indexer:
Can't find the data?
Try the following:
- Use Forwarder Management to confirm that the Splunk Add-on for Windows DNS has been deployed to your deployment clients.
- Refer to the Troubleshooting manual for additional help.
Confirm and troubleshoot DNS data collection
Configure Exchange servers
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® App for Microsoft Exchange: 3.4.1