Requirements and installation for iOS
The Splunk MINT SDK for iOS supports the following:
- iOS versions 6.x, 7.x, and 8.x.
- ARMv7, ARMv7s, and ARM64 architectures
- The iOS Simulator
The requirement for the Splunk MINT SDK for iOS is:
- The latest version of Xcode. If you don't have it, you can get it from the Apple App Store.
Install the Splunk MINT iOS Framework from a ZIP file
- Download the SplunkMint.framework.4.2.2.zip file and unzip it. (You can also download a md5 checksum file to verify the download.)
- In Xcode, open your project.
- Under TARGETS, select the target you want to use.
- On the Build Phases tab, expand Link Binary With Libraries, click the + button, then click Add Other.
- Navigate to the location where you unzipped the file previously, select the SplunkMint.framework folder, and click Open.
- Add each of the remaining required frameworks and libraries as follows. Under Link Binary With Libraries, click the + button, click Add Other, select one of the following, then click Add:
The framework appears at the top of the Link Binary With Libraries list and is added to the Framework folder in the left-hand pane that displays your project files.
Note If adding these linker flags causes build errors about duplicate symbols, try replacing the "-all_load" flag with one of the following:
- "-force_load $(SOURCE_ROOT)/PathToFramework/SplunkMint.framework/Version/A/SplunkMint"
- "-force_load $(SOURCE_ROOT)/PathToFramework/SplunkMint.framework/SplunkMint"
Install the Splunk MINT iOS Framework using CocoaPods
- Open a command prompt in the Xcode project root directory (where the ProjectName.xcodeproj file is located).
- If you do not yet have a podfile for your project, run the following command to create an empty podfile:
- In a text editor, open the podfile and add the following library name:
- At the command prompt, run the following command to install the SplunkMint pod:
- If the pod installation displays a warning, in Xcode go to the Build Settings tab under Linking, find Other Linker Flags and add "$(inherited)".
$ pod init
$ pod install
Configure your project for symbolication
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk MINT™ SDK for iOS: 4.2.x