Log in and get started
You now have the Splunk App for NetApp Data ONTAP installed in your environment and you have it configured to collect data from your ONTAP servers. You can now log in to Splunk Web to validate that you are collecting all of the data you want and that the data is correct.
To check that the app was installed correctly and that you are collecting the correct data from the correct resources, you can look at the dashboards in the Splunk App for NetApp Data ONTAP.
To do this:
- Check that Splunk is running in your environment.
- Open a browser and log into Splunk Web on your indexer/search head. Access Splunk Web at
http://<hostname>:<port>where hostname is the host machine and port is the port you specified during the installation (the default port is 8000).
- Log in to the Splunk instance (the default login is
- When using an Enterprise license, launching Splunk for the first time takes you to the login screen. Follow the message displayed asking you to authenticate with the default credentials.
- When you sign in with your default password, Splunk asks you to create a new password. You can either skip this step or create a new password. You do not need to authenticate to use Splunk with a free license. In this case, when you start up Splunk you are directed to Splunk Home or to the default App for your account.
- Navigate to the Splunk App for NetApp Data ONTAP by selecting NetApp From the app dropdown.
- In the Splunk App for NetApp Data ONTAP, select Home. The Home dashboard provides an overview of the health of your NetApp ONTAP environment.
Upgrade to the latest version of the Splunk App for NetApp Data ONTAP
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® App for NetApp Data ONTAP (Legacy): 2.1.6, 2.1.7, 2.1.8, 2.1.91