The Splunk Add-on for OpenTelemetry Collector was released on November 16, 2023.
- Updated parameter descriptions in inputs.conf.spec
The Splunk Add-on for OpenTelemetry Collector uses an access token to ingest data to Splunk Observability Cloud. This can create potential vulnerabilities associated with the use of this technical addon:
- This token is transmitted from the Splunk Deployment Server in clear text over a connection secured by TLS in conjunction with infrastructure certificates.
- This token will be stored as part of the Universal Forwarder installation in a file which can be read by administrators and the user account associated with the universal forwarder.
To remediate these issues:
- Limit the scope/permission set of the token to ingest only.
- Use secure certificates (signed by a trusted CA) in your deployment infrastructure.
- Secure the universal forwarder installation according to Splunk security best practices.
- Added missing agent binary for Windows
Share usage data with Splunk
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Add-on for OpenTelemetry Collector: 1.0.1