Release notes for the Splunk Metrics Workspace
The Splunk Metrics Workspace version 1.1.6 was released June 4, 2019.
Version 1.1.6 of the Splunk Metrics Workspace is compatible with Splunk Enterprise versions 7.1.0 and later and Splunk Cloud versions 7.1.2 and later.
The Splunk Metrics Workspace version 1.1.6 includes the following new and deprecated features.
For information on how to upgrade the Splunk Metrics Workspace, see Upgrade the Splunk Metrics Workspace.
The Splunk Metrics Workspace version 1.1.6 is preinstalled with Splunk Enterprise version 7.3.0 and contains the following new features:
- View multiple metrics on the same chart.
- Modify individual time series with the updated Analysis Panel. For example, split a metric by multiple dimensions on the same chart.
- Split a metric by the index dimension to distinguish metrics with the same name.
- View multiple time series on dual vertical axes.
- Stack the time series in a chart using the Chart Settings tab in the Analysis Panel.
- Increased localization and Section 508 compliance.
The following new features are related to alerts:
- Clone alert panels for continued analysis.
- Use symbols, such as k or m, to indicate units for alert threshold values.
- Select a specific series when creating alerts for multi-series charts.
The following features are deprecated in the Splunk Metrics Workspace version 1.1.6:
- Split multiple charts in the workspace by a single dimension.
Version 1.1.6 of the Splunk Metrics Workspace has the following known issues.
If no issues appear below, no issues have yet been reported.
|Date filed||Issue number||Description|
|2018-10-10||MAW-1587||Opening Metrics Workspace installed remotely through the Apps Browser may return a 500 error|
Navigate to "Manage Apps" Apps management page and click on Launch app. This should be a one time action only.
Share data in the Splunk Metrics Workspace
Third-party software attributions for the Splunk Metrics Workspace
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Metrics Workspace: 1.1.6