Choose between playbooks and classic playbooks in
The classic playbook editor will be deprecated soon. For information on converting your playbooks, see Convert classic playbooks to modern playbooks.
In , there are two different playbook modes: classic playbooks, and playbooks. Classic playbooks use the classic playbook editor, and playbooks use the playbook editor.
You can use either editor to create and view playbooks, but you might want to use the playbook editor for creating and managing new playbooks.
For more information on the playbook editor, see Create a new playbook in . For more information on the classic playbook editor, see Create a new playbook in using the classic playbook editor.
Feature differences in the playbook editor versus classic playbook editor
The following are features in the playbook editor that aren't available in the classic playbook editor:
- Vertical layout
- Once you have created your playbook, you can click the auto-arrange playbook icon to align the blocks.
- You can use the zoom to fit icon to better fit your playbook in the editor.
- You can create Automation or Input type playbooks. See Create a new playbook in .
- You can create Input playbooks to pass data between playbooks and sub-playbooks. See Add inputs to an Input playbook.
- You can add outputs to both Automation and Input playbooks. See Add outputs to Automation and Input playbooks.
- Updated keyboard shortcuts. See Use keyboard shortcuts in the playbook editor.
- The manual task block and prompt block are combined. See Require user input using the Prompt block in your playbook.
- The legacy custom function block is renamed the code block. See Add custom code to your playbook with the code block.
- The custom function block and API block are combined in a block called a utility block. See Set parameters in using the Utility block.
- You can create custom labels on decision and filter blocks.
- You can create custom datapaths. See Add a custom datapath to a playbook block.
Select a playbook editor in
To select between the two playbook editor versions, follow these steps:
- Click the menu bar, then select Playbooks.
- Click + Playbook to create a playbook in the playbook editor. Or, expand the + Playbook button and click + Classic Playbook to create a classic playbook in the classic playbook editor.
Use playbooks to automate analyst workflows in
Convert classic playbooks to modern playbooks
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® SOAR (Cloud): current