View Playbook Run Statistics
Playbook Run Statistics are available in playbooks created in the Visual Playbook Editor, starting in version 5.3.3.
Learn how your playbooks are performing, and troubleshoot potential issues, by viewing Playbook Run Statistics. You can view statistics for specific playbook runs at the playbook level and for each block and custom function within a playbook after the playbook has run. Compare statistics for this playbook to other specific runs or to run averages for that playbook to detect differences.
To view the Playbook Run Statistics for one of your playbooks, complete these steps:
- Open the playbook within the Visual Playbook Editor.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click the more icon , then click View Run Statistics. The Playbook Run Statistics dialog box displays.
- In the first column in the Playbook Run Statistics dialog box, use the Playbook Run field to specify the playbook run you want to investigate. Use the filter to search for a specific run, if needed.
- (Optional) In the second column, choose whether you want to compare against the average runs for that playbook for the last 24 hours, 7 days, or all runs for that playbook.
- (Optional) Use the third column to add another comparison for the same playbook.
- (Optional) Add a fourth column by clicking the plus icon.
- To show all available playbook run statistics, expand each of the sections in the dialog box.
- To view information for a specific block in playbook, click that individual playbook block. In the left panel, click the Stats tab.
Playbook Run Statistics and older playbooks
Playbook Run Statistics are available in playbooks created in the Visual Playbook Editor, starting in version 5.3.3. To view these statistics with playbooks you created with the Visual Playbook Editor in versions lower than 5.3.3, you must first save the playbook to automatically add the code required for statistics. The added statistics code does not affect your custom code.
You can view statistics for these updated playbooks for runs performed after you have updated the code.
Description of Playbook Run Statistics
This table describes Playbook Run Statistics for playbook blocks.
|DB Queries||Number of requests to the database made by this block|
|DB Query Latency||Average amount of time for the block request to reach the database, in seconds|
|Duration||Amount of time for the block to execute, in seconds|
|HTTP Bytes in Requests||Number of bytes transmitted by the block through HTTP requests|
|HTTP Bytes In Response||Number of bytes received by the block through HTTP requests|
|HTTP Latency||Average amount of time between HTTP requests and responses experienced by the block, in seconds|
|HTTP Requests||Number of HTTP requests initiated by the block|
|Times Called||Number of times the block was called|
|Times Succeeded||Number of times the block completed successfully|
View the playbook run history in
View the action run history
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® SOAR (On-premises): 5.3.3, 5.3.4, 5.3.5, 5.4.0, 5.5.0, 6.0.0
Feedback submitted, thanks!