Set the global action concurrency limit
The global action concurrency limit designates the maximum number of concurrent actions across all assets on the platform.
- The default setting is 150 concurrent actions on the SOAR platform.
- The Splunk Automation Broker has a limit of 50 concurrent actions per broker. Setting a higher limit of concurrent actions on the broker than on the platform does nothing.
When changing the global action limit, ensure the existing action limits set on all of your assets is still within the new global limit. Use caution when changing the global action limit as it can significantly affect performance.
To change the local concurrent action limit in , follow these steps.
- From the Home menu, select Administration.
- Click Administration Settings > Environment Settings.
- Enter your desired action limit in the box. Use caution when changing this limit because doing so can have a significant effect on performance.
- Click Save Changes.
To change the local concurrent action limit in the Automation Broker, follow these steps.
- Edit brokerd.conf by either:
- navigating to your data directory on the Docker host operating system.
- by logging into the Automation Broker container to edit the file in the /broker directory.
- Set the value for
global_concurrency_limitto the desired value.
- Save and exit the file.
- Restart the Automation Broker. See Interact with the Splunk Automation Broker in Set Up and Manage the Splunk SOAR Automation Broker.
Concurrent actions limits can be controlled at the app or connector level and on individual assets. You can also change the number of concurrent actions the Automation Broker allows by editing the brokerd.conf file on the Automation Broker container.
- For information on controlling action concurrency in an app or connector's configuration metadata, see Action Section: Synchronization in Develop Apps for .
- For information on setting concurrent actions for a specific asset, see Set the concurrent action limit.
- For information on disabling action concurrency see, Disable action lock or action concurrency.
- Concurrent action for the Automation Broker are controlled by the brokerd.conf file on the Automation Broker. See Change Splunk SOAR Automation Broker settings by editing brokerd.conf in Set Up and Manage the Splunk SOAR Automation Broker.
Set global environment variables
Add tags to objects in
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® SOAR (On-premises): 5.4.0, 5.5.0, 6.0.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.1.0, 6.1.1, 6.2.0