Choose which Splunk apps to show dashboards from in the mobile apps
In Splunk Secure Gateway, admins can choose which apps to show dashboards from in the Connected Experiences mobile apps. This configuration is global. Dashboards from the apps you choose show for all devices registered to the Splunk platform instance with this configuration.
The Connected Experiences apps follow the role based access controls (RBAC) set in Splunk Web. If a user is able to view a dashboard in Splunk Web, they're able to view it in the Connected Experiences mobile app. To learn more about RBAC, see Use access control to secure Splunk data.
Users are able to view any dashboards in the Splunk Mobile alerts they receive, even those from apps that you don't select.
The Splunk Web RBAC settings take precedence over the Splunk Secure Gateway App Selection page settings. If an '''App Selection''' page setting conflicts with a Splunk Web RBAC setting, the Splunk Web RBAC setting prevails.
- Your Splunk platform meets the Splunk Secure Gateway requirements. See Splunk Get Secure Gateway to learn what the requirements are.
- You have the admin role.
- Have the securegateway role. See Configure Splunk Secure Gateway permissions to learn how to assign roles.
- Your users have a Connected Experiences app on their device.
To select which Splunk apps to retrieve dashboards from, perform the following steps:
- In Splunk Secure Gateway, navigate to the App Selection tab.
- Select the Splunk apps you want the Connected Experiences mobile apps to retrieve dashboards from.
Select the app again to remove it.
- Click Save.
If you remove all apps from Selected apps and list is empty, the Connected Experiences apps retrieve dashboards from all apps in Available apps.
Splunk Secure Gateway and Spacebridge Compliance Standards
Change the Splunk Secure Gateway ID
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Secure Gateway: 2.4.0, 2.0.2, 2.5.6, 2.6.3, 2.7.3