Splunk Secure Gateway release notes
This version of Splunk Secure Gateway was released on June 4, 2021.
Splunk Secure Gateway is included in Splunk Cloud version 8.1.2103 and Splunk Enterprise version 8.1.0 and higher.
Splunk Secure Gateway lets you register mobile devices and configure your mobile app deployment for the Connected Experiences apps. Splunk Secure Gateway also serves as the back-end infrastructure for delivering messages over a secure cloud bridge. This backend infrastructure is called Spacebridge.
To learn more about Spacebridge security, see About the Splunk Secure Gateway security process.
If you're already using Splunk Cloud Gateway, see Migrate from Splunk Cloud Gateway to Splunk Secure Gateway.
Spacebridge has been certified to meet SOC2, Type 2 and ISO 27001 standards. Splunk Cloud customers who have specifically purchased a HIPAA or PCI-DSS regulated environment may transmit the applicable regulated data to Spacebridge as it is HIPAA and PCI-DSS compliant. Spacebridge may not be used in environments that require the FIPS 140-2 standard for cryptographic modules. See Splunk Secure Gateway and Spacebridge Compliance Standards to learn more.
This version of Splunk Secure Gateway has the following updates:
- Splunk Secure Gateway is now a default-enabled app in Splunk Cloud version 8.1.2013 and higher.
- Splunk Secure Gateway and Spacebridge has been certified to meet SOC2, Type 2 and ISO 27001 standards. To learn more, see Splunk Secure Gateway and Spacebridge compliance in the Administer Splunk Secure Gateway manual.
- Admins can restrict device log in to MDM-configured devices. To learn more, see Allow only MDM-configured devices to log in to a Splunk platform instance in the Administer Splunk Secure Gateway manual.
- Admins can use troubleshooting dashboards to further investigate possible issues. See Use the Splunk Secure Gateway troubleshooting dashboards in the Administer Splunk Secure Gateway manual.
- Improved error handling. See Troubleshoot error codes in the Administer Splunk Secure Gateway manual.
Splunk Secure Gateway is used to configure and send information to all Connected Experiences apps, so issues pertaining to Splunk Secure Gateway pertain to all Connected Experiences apps.
If Splunk Secure Gateway isn't responding, see Troubleshoot Splunk Secure Gateway performance issues and Troubleshoot Splunk Secure Gateway connection issues for troubleshooting steps.
For a list of supported visualizations and dashboard configurations, see Visualization support for the Connected Experiences apps.
This version of Splunk Secure Gateway has the following fixed issues:
|Date resolved||Issue number||Description|
|2021-05-06||MSB-2172||Parts of UI are unresponsive|
|2021-03-23||MSB-2029||Trellis visualizations require trellis.splitby option to have a field name value|
This version of Splunk Secure Gateway has the following known issues:
|Date filed||Issue number||Description|
|2021-06-09||MSB-2243||securegateway.conf should not require a Splunk restart|
|2021-06-03||MSB-2226, MAA-2186||Older alerts are still accessible from notifications center after clearing all alerts in mobile app|
Visualization support for the Connected Experiences apps
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Secure Gateway: 2.7.3