Visualization support for the Connected Experiences apps
These are the current supported and unsupported dashboard visualizations and features for the Connected Experiences apps and the latest version of Splunk Secure Gateway. If your dashboard isn't loading, it may contain an unsupported visualization or you might be using an outdated Splunk Secure Gateway version.
To check if a dashboard contains any visualizations or configurations that the Connected Experiences apps don't support, see Editing Simple XML in the Splunk Enterprise Dashboards and Visualizations manual.
Supported and unsupported dashboard and visualization and configurations
Keep in mind the following points when creating dashboards and visualizations for the Connected Experiences apps:
- Visualizations with more than 3,000 data points take a long time to load. To load visualizations faster, you can increase the sample ratio to adjust the number of data points. See Specify a sampling ratio in the Splunk Enterprise Search Manual for more information on activating event sampling.
- Dashboards in the Connected Experiences apps display one title. If your dashboard has both an object title and a panel title, the dashboard displays the object title.
- By default, Splunk Enterprise displays visualizations in panels. Visualizations must have the
paneltag in order to display in the Connected Experiences apps. If you remove the
paneltag from the dashboard XML, the visualization will not display in the Connected Experiences apps.
- The Connected Experiences apps don't support HTML elements.
The following table lists the supported visualizations and the supported and unsupported configurations for each visualization for the Connected Experiences apps.
Trellis visualizations require setting the value of the "trellis.splitby" option to the desired result field name in the dashboard XML. See Configure trellis layout in Simple XML in the Splunk Enterprise ''Dashboards and Visualizations'' manual.
|Supported visualization||Supported configurations||Unsupported configurations|
Splunk AR, Splunk TV, and Splunk Mobile for Apple Watch have the following visualization limitations:
Splunk AR limitations
- Splunk AR does not support drilldown or dynamic form inputs.
- Splunk AR supports maps in non-AR dashboards. Splunk AR does not support maps in AR workspaces.
Splunk TV limitations
- Splunk TV does not support drilldown.
Splunk Mobile for iOS limitations
- Cloud Monitoring Console (CMC) dashboards require any version of Splunk Secure Gateway and Splunk Mobile for iOS version 2.10.1 or higher.
Splunk Mobile for Android limitations
- Cloud Monitoring Console (CMC) dashboards require any version of Splunk Secure Gateway and Splunk Mobile for Android version 2020.10.28 or higher.
Splunk Mobile for Apple Watch limitations
- Splunk Mobile for Apple Watch supports only line charts, bar charts, pie charts, and single value visualizations.
- Due to WatchOS limitations, visualizations pinned to your watch face do not follow any refresh intervals defined in dashboard XML.
The following are limitations for token usage in visualizations in the Connected Experiences apps:
Dynamic form inputs
Only Splunk Mobile and Splunk TV support dynamic form inputs. Checkbox, dropdown, multiselect, radio, text, and time picker form inputs are supported.
The following are limitations for dynamic form inputs in the Connected Experiences apps:
- The Connected Experiences apps might experience issues with more than 200 drop-down options with a dynamic form input.
- The Splunk Connected Experiences apps do not support conditional form input action tokens. Specifically,
changeare not supported.
Drilldown in the Connected Experiences apps has the following limitations:
- Only Splunk Mobile supports drilldown. Splunk AR does not support drilldown.
- Drilldown requires Splunk Secure Gateway or Splunk Cloud Gateway version 1.4.0 or higher.
- Only single value and table dashboards support drilldown.
This table provides a list of supported and unsupported drilldown configurations:
|Supported drilldown configurations||Unsupported drilldown configurations|
Search event handler limitations
The Connected Experiences apps don't support search event handlers with Splunk Secure Gateway versions lower than 2.5.6.
Splunk Secure Gateway version 2.5.6 and higher offers limited support for search event handlers. Only the
<done> search event handler with the commands
unset are supported. All other searcjevent handlers and their commands are not supported.
The Connected Experiences apps do not support the following features:
- ITSI Glass Tables
- Custom HTML, including D3 visualizations
- XML dashboards that have been converted to HTML
- dbx commands
Splunk Secure Gateway release notes
Third-party software credits
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Secure Gateway: 2.4.0, 2.0.2, 2.5.6 Cloud Only, 2.5.7, 2.6.3 Cloud only, 2.7.3 Cloud only, 2.7.4, 2.8.4 Cloud only, 2.9.1 Cloud only, 2.9.3 Cloud only, 2.9.4 Cloud only, 3.0.9