Provide a QR code for SAML authentication log in with a hostname
If your organization uses SAML authentication and Splunk Secure Gateway, your users can scan a QR code complete the hostname field when logging in to a Splunk platform instance from a Connected Experiences app.
The following are requirements for hostname log in:
- Use Splunk Cloud Platform.
- Set up SAML authentication. See Set up SAML authentication for Splunk Secure Gateway.
- Your Splunk platform meets the Splunk Secure Gateway requirements. See Get started with Splunk Secure Gateway to learn what the requirements are.
- Have the admin or sc_admin role to access the QR code.
- Have Connected Experiences app users to distribute the QR code to.
To get a QR code for your Splunk platform instance, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the Administration tab in Splunk Secure Gateway.
- Download the QR code.
- Distribute the QR code to your users.
For user log in steps, see Log in if your organization uses an SSO provider in the Use Splunk Secure Gateway manual.
Configure Splunk Secure Gateway deployment settings
Select a Spacebridge location
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Secure Gateway: 2.8.4 Cloud only, 2.9.1 Cloud only, 2.9.3 Cloud only, 2.9.4 Cloud only, 3.0.9, 3.1.2 Cloud only, 3.2.0 Cloud only, 3.3.0 Cloud only, 3.4.251, 3.5.15 Cloud only