View the peer dashboard
The peer dashboard provides detailed information on the status of a single peer node.
For a single view with information on all the peers in a cluster, use the master node dashboard instead, as described in "View the master dashboard".
Access the peer dashboard
To view the peer dashboard:
1. Click Settings in the upper right corner of Splunk Web on the peer node.
2. In the Distributed environment group, click Clustering.
You can only view this dashboard on an instance that has already been enabled as a peer.
View the dashboard
Here's how the dashboard looks:
The dashboard provides information on the peer's status:
- Name. The peer's
serverName, as specified in its
- Replication port. The port on which the peer receives replicated data from other peers.
- Master location. The master node's IP address and port number.
- Base Generation ID. The peer's base generation ID, which is equivalent to the cluster's generation ID at the moment that the peer last joined the cluster. This ID will be less or equal to the cluster's current generation ID. So, if a peer joined the cluster at generation 1 and has stayed in the cluster ever since, its base generation ID remains 1, even though the cluster might have incremented its current generation ID to, say, 5.
Configure the peer
You can configure the peer with the Edit button at the top right corner of the dashboard. These options are available:
- Node Type. Change the instance's node type. Warning: It is extremely unlikely that you will want to change the node type for nodes in an active cluster. Consider the consequences carefully before doing so.
- Configuration. You can change some peer settings here:
- Master IP address and port. Change the cluster the peer belongs to.
- Peer replication port. Change the replication port.
- Security key. Change the security key. Only change the secret key if you are also changing it for all other nodes in the cluster. The key must be the same across all instances in a cluster.
- Disable Clustering. Remove this node from the cluster.
View the master dashboard
View the search head dashboard
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 6.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.0.3, 6.0.4, 6.0.5, 6.0.6, 6.0.7, 6.0.8, 6.0.9, 6.0.10, 6.0.11, 6.0.12, 6.0.13, 6.0.14, 6.0.15