View the peer dashboard
The indexer cluster peer dashboard provides detailed information on the status of a single peer node.
For a single view with information on all the peers in a cluster, use the manager node dashboard instead, as described in "View the manager node dashboard".
Access the peer dashboard
To view the peer dashboard:
1. Click Settings on the upper right side of Splunk Web.
2. In the Distributed Environment group, click Indexer clustering.
You can only view this dashboard on an instance that has been enabled as a peer.
View the dashboard
The dashboard provides information on the peer's status:
- Name. The peer's
serverName, as specified in its
- Replication port. The port on which the peer receives replicated data from other peers.
- Master location. The manager node's IP address and port number.
- Base Generation ID. The peer's base generation ID, which is equivalent to the cluster's generation ID at the moment that the peer last joined the cluster. This ID will be less or equal to the cluster's current generation ID. So, if a peer joined the cluster at generation 1 and has stayed in the cluster ever since, its base generation ID remains 1, even though the cluster might have incremented its current generation ID to, say, 5.
Configure the peer
The Edit button at the top right of the peer dashboard offers several options for changing the configuration of the peer. See "Configure peer nodes with the dashboard."
Note: The Edit button is disabled for multisite clusters.
View the manager node dashboard
View the search head dashboard
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 8.1.0