About multifactor authentication with Duo Security
Multifactor authentication allows you to configure a primary and secondary login for your Splunk Enterprise users. Duo Security multifactor authentication secures Splunk Web logins. We recommend that you also secure your users with a firewall.
Splunk Cloud does not support multifactor authentication with Duo Security.
Splunk Enterprise with Duo Security multifactor authentication requires the user to set up a second authentication method and then use that method for future logins:
1. User logs into their Enterprise Splunk Web homepage using their login credentials. This is the primary login.
2. User then sees a second login page: "Duo Authentication". This is the secondary login.
3. The first time a user logs in, they follow the instructions on the Duo login page to set up their preferred method for accessing their secondary credentials:
- Login with credentials sent via a push notification on your your smart phone (Duo Security Mobile app required).
- Login with credentials sent via SMS message sent to your cell phone.
- Login with credentials sent via via a phone call made to your cell phone.
- Login by entering a one time code generated by the Duo Mobile app.
4. After the initial login and configuration, every time the user arrives at the secondary login, they receive those login credentials using their preferred method.
About setting up Duo Security for multifactor authentication in Splunk
1. Create an account for your Splunk Enterprise configuration on the Duo website. See https://duo.com for more information.
2. Provide Splunk Enterprise with the information from your Duo Security Account. See Configure Splunk to use Duo Security multifactor authentication for more information.
Best practice for removing an LDAP user
Configure Splunk Enterprise to use Duo Security multifactor authentication
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 7.1.3, 7.1.4, 7.1.5, 7.1.6, 7.1.7, 7.2.0, 7.2.1, 7.2.2, 7.2.3, 7.2.4, 7.2.5, 7.2.6, 7.3.0