Add McAffee data to your single instance deployment
Prerequisites for adding McAfee data into a single-instance Splunk Enterprise deployment
For more information about supported data sources, deployment scenarios, and an overview of Guided Data Onboarding, see the Additional resources topic in this manual.
If you want to get McAfee data into a single-instance Splunk Enterprise deployment, you must have the following prerequisites:
- A single-instance Splunk Enterprise deployment that is installed and running.
- Access to Splunk Web.
- A user role that permits installing apps and add-ons.
- A linux box to host a heavy forwarder.
To deploy Splunk DB Connect, verify that you have the following:
- Splunk Enterprise 6.4.0 or later.
- An enabled Java Platform and a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 8 from Java Platform, Standard Edition.
- A supported database running locally or elsewhere on your network.
Enable your Splunk Enterprise instance as a reciever
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 7.2.0, 7.2.1, 7.2.2, 7.2.3, 7.2.4, 7.2.5, 7.2.6, 7.2.7, 7.3.0, 7.3.1