Prerequisites for adding McAfee data into a distributed Splunk Enterprise deployment with indexer clustering
For more information about supported data sources, deployment scenarios, and an overview of Guided Data Onboarding, see the Additional resources topic in this manual.
If you want to get McAfee data into a distributed Splunk Enterprise deployment with indexer clustering, you must have the following prerequisites:
- A distributed Splunk Enterprise deployment with indexer clustering enabled.
- Access to Splunk Web.
- A user role that permits installing apps and add-ons.
To deploy Splunk DB Connect, verify that you have the following:
- Splunk Enterprise 6.4.0 or later.
- An enabled Java Platform and a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 8 from Java Platform, Standard Edition.
- A supported database running locally or elsewhere on your network.
- A linux box to host a heavy forwarder.
Enable Splunk Enterprise as a receiver
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 7.2.0, 7.2.1, 7.2.2, 7.2.3, 7.2.4, 7.2.5, 7.2.6, 7.2.7, 7.2.8, 7.3.0, 7.3.1