Convert a dashboard to HTML
Splunk Enterprise users can implement additional behavior and appearance customizations by converting a dashboard to HTML.
Learn about creating and editing HTML dashboards on the Splunk developer portal.
- See Convert Simple XML dashboards to HTML for information and procedures.
- See About file precedence and caching to learn about caching and refreshing Splunk assets, including HTML files.
Limitations to HTML dashboards
There are some limitations on dashboards converted to HTML.
- HTML dashboards cannot be exported to PDF.
- The Splunk Web dashboard editor cannot be used to edit HTML source code for converted dashboards.
- Dark theme is not supported for this operation. Dashboards saved in dark theme will switch to light theme when converted to HTML.
Create and edit forms
Editing Simple XML
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 7.2.0, 7.2.1, 7.2.2, 7.2.3, 7.2.4, 7.2.5, 7.2.6, 7.2.7, 7.2.8, 7.2.9, 7.3.0, 7.3.1, 7.3.2, 7.3.3, 7.3.4, 8.0.0, 8.0.1