Use the Splunk Add-on for McAfee to collect antivirus information and vulnerability scan reports. You can directly analyze the McAfee data or use it as a contextual data feed to correlate with other security data in the Splunk platform.
Prerequisites for adding McAfee data into a Splunk Cloud deployment
For more information about supported data sources, deployment scenarios, and an overview of Guided Data Onboarding, see the Additional resources topic in this manual.
If you want to get McAfee data into a Splunk Cloud deployment, you must have the following prerequisites:
- A Splunk Cloud deployment that is installed and running.
- Access to Splunk Web.
- A user role that permits installing apps and add-ons.
To deploy Splunk DB Connect, verify that you have the following:
- Splunk Enterprise 6.4.0 or later.
- An enabled Java Platform and a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 8 from Java Platform, Standard Edition.
- A supported database running locally or elsewhere on your network.
- A linux box to host a heavy forwarder.
Configure forwarding and receiving for Splunk Cloud
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 7.2.0, 7.2.1, 7.2.2, 7.2.3, 7.2.4, 7.2.5, 7.2.6, 7.2.7, 7.2.8, 7.3.0, 7.3.1, 7.3.2