License: BSD 2-clause
The libarchive distribution as a whole is Copyright by Tim Kientzle and is subject to the copyright notice reproduced at the bottom of this file.
Each individual file in this distribution should have a clear copyright/licensing statement at the beginning of the file. If any do not, please let me know and I will rectify it. The following is intended to summarize the copyright status of the individual files; the actual statements in the files are controlling.
- Except as listed below, all C sources (including .c and .h files) and documentation files are subject to the copyright notice reproduced at the bottom of this file.
- The following source files are also subject in whole or in part to a 3-clause UC Regents copyright; please read the individual source files for details:
libarchive/archive_entry.c libarchive/archive_read_support_filter_compress.c libarchive/archive_write_add_filter_compress.c libarchive/mtree.5
- The following source files are in the public domain:
- The following source files are triple-licensed with the ability to choose from CC0 1.0 Universal, OpenSSL or Apache 2.0 licenses:
libarchive/archive_blake2.h libarchive/archive_blake2_impl.h libarchive/archive_blake2s_ref.c libarchive/archive_blake2sp_ref.c
- The build files---including Makefiles, configure scripts, and auxiliary scripts used as part of the compile process---have widely varying licensing terms. Please check individual files before distributing them to see if those restrictions apply to you.
I intend for all new source code to use the license below and hope over time to replace code with other licenses with new implementations that do use the license below. The varying licensing of the build scripts seems to be an unavoidable mess.
Copyright (c) 2003-2018 <author(s)> All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in this position and unchanged. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
This documentation applies to the following versions of Splunk® Enterprise: 7.3.8, 7.3.9